Don't be so hard on yourself
If you guys are like me, I have to tell myself several times a day that it’s ok to make mistakes. Life isn’t perfect. No one is perfect. There are days when I feel I can’t seem to do anything right but that’s ok.
Here are a few things that I do when I’m feeling discouraged with life.
- Stop and take a deep breath
- Close my eyes for a minute and just breathe
- Think of something that makes me happy. This may be some silly meme I’ve seen recently or a happy memory
- Self-affirmations- I’ve downloaded an app on my phone that every 2 hours a positive affirmation comes up. I read it out loud 5 times.
- I love the smell of lavender and it is very calming. I put a few drops of lavender in a necklace I have so if I feel myself getting anxious I take a minute and inhale the smell of it
- Sometimes you just have to get up from the situation and walk away. Take a moment for yourself to clear your head